Thursday, November 26, 2009

African American hair....HOW DO I WASH IT?!!!!?

Whas up?



Aight, Im African American, and I have a good grade of hair. Now everyone knows when you come out of the salon that your hair is nice, and feathery and falls right the way you want it. Well, eventually I have to wash my hair, and I can never get it back to the way it was before I washed it.



Does anyone know the process of getting your hair back to the way it was after you wash it?



This is the materials I use:



-Shampoo



-Leave in conditioner



-Foam Setting Lotion



-Sit under Blow Dryer



-Hand held Blow Dryer



-Ceramic Flat Iron



-Curling Iron



Can someone please tell me what you use and/or the process of washing hair? I can never get it right!



African American hair....HOW DO I WASH IT?!!!!?

I am African American as well and here's what I do....comb my hair before I put my head in water. Wet your hair in warm water and rub shampoo in....rinse out....add more shampoo...rinse out. Wring out hair gently place towel on hair and rub lightly. Add conditioner from root to end of hair all over....let it sit for about 15 mins. (in the meantime you can put dinner up) lol Rinse conditioner out and wring hair again and rub hair lightly w/ towel. Use a generous amount of setting lotion, put a horizontal part in crown of head and wrap your hair. Once you wrap it sit under dryer or let air dry. Once dry comb hair down, use a little grease to grease scalp not to put on hair. Rub Kemi Oyl or spray Razac hair oil (whatever u prefer) on hair and wrap it back up and the next morning comb it down and get on with your day. In the beginning u might have to flat iron it before u wrap it but after a while your hair with be trained to fall in place with a nice healthy bend. P.S. Try not to use your curling iron or flat iron too much, causes severe breakage



African American hair....HOW DO I WASH IT?!!!!?

brush ur hair



rinse it in cold water (or warm but i find cold water good for hair don't ask me why)



apply shampoo (ONLY ONCE!)



rub it in etc etc



rinse shampoo out (warm water)



apply conditioner at hair root, hair line, hair tip



leave for 10min or so



then rinse it out (warm water)



towel dry hair (do not blow dry coz split ends form easier if u do or somethin)



do not rub hair vigorously with towel coz that weakens ur hair after its been washed and its wet etc etc



brush it and straighten it or w/e



since im azn i don't use straghitners or w/e coz mine's naturally straight but thats how i wash my hair and i hope it helps



African American hair....HOW DO I WASH IT?!!!!?

i afican hair 2 and i kno wat ur sayn but i jus usually wash it and deep condition use a moisterizer and air dry while i comb and brush my hair grease my hair then flat iron it then use a soft spritz



African American hair....HOW DO I WASH IT?!!!!?

I mean the reason it doesn't look the same as it does at the salon is because you are not a professional. Period. Now you say you are using a ceramic flat iron, but is it truly ceramic or ceramic coated? The BEST flat iron in the world is the sedu sold at folica.com. Check out the befores and afters. I am of west indian decent so I have thick and tightly curled hair naturally, but the sedu will straighten it out beautifully. It also works as a curly iron, so I do my hair in one easy step.



I would not use a leave in conditioner if I were you because 9 times out of 10 it will weight your hair down and take away the sheen. Sometimes they make my hair feel powdery or chalky. If you are using a leave in, makesure it is in a spray bottle and that you dilute it with lots of water. Also, when rinsing out your hair, make sure you do it with cold water. It bring the shine back. Lastly, ask your stylist what products she uses on your hair, so you can buy them yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter