Thursday, June 17, 2010

Question for Hair Stylist?

I have a question about tipping. I know the tipping procedure for waiters and waitresses. I also know that they pay taxes on their food sales whether they receive a tip or not.



What is the procedure for hair stylists? Is a tip based on the job or on the time involved or on a percentage basis like with food service?



If I were to get a cut and color, lasting about 2 hours (most of it under the dryer), for $100 -- what would be a fair tip?



If I were to get an eyebrow waxing, lasting about 5-10 minutes, for $15 -- what would be a fair tip?



Do hair stylists pay taxes on their tips like food servers do?



Question for Hair Stylist?

Yes, we pay taxes on tips. For your cut and color I would leave $5-$10 and for the eye brow wax $1.00-$2.00. Really, it makes no difference, tip as you want. If the service was bad that day, don't tip as much ( just like in a resteraunt) and if he/she spent extra time and extra care of you tip more.



I find the whole tipping thing in a salon a little crazy myself..



However, the better client you are ( easy to get along with) and better tipper, the more likely your stylist will work around his of her schedule to fit you in etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter