Saturday, June 19, 2010

Curling relaxed hair?

after my wash and set my stylist blows out my roots with ionic blow dryer....leaves ends curled, then she finger curls the ends and secures with pins. when whole head is done i sleep with the pins in. i take out next day and let hair fall out in it's own style. i love the way this looks but want to know how i can keep the curls from going completely straight...any prods that aren't sticky or gelly that will keep a nice soft, touchable curl ? something that will hold the curls but not break hair or make it stiff. thanks all.



Curling relaxed hair?

I like Nexxus VersaStyler by Nexxus. You only need a small amount, so it lasts forever. Smells nice. No alcohol. I've not had a problem with flaking.



It doesn't feel like there's absolutely NOTHING in my hair (still looking for my holy grail hair products), but it does provide a flexible hold and doesn't make my hair feel as though I've sprayed it with liquid concrete.



Not perfect, but the best I've found so far.



Curling relaxed hair?

If you're willing to sleep on pins... then you might want to try this slightly more comfortable option. Buy those soft, kiddie elastics (you know - the fluffy ones, more comfy) and every night before going to bed, make yourself a headful of little "boinks" - that is, take a strand of hair, twist it, roll it in a tight ball, and elasticize it in place with an elastic. Cover your entire head with those - about 8 or 9 do it well for me. Then... just go to sleep, and let the magic happen! When you wake up, let loose your hair, and it sill be nice and curly, but not frizzy. don't brush it - not necessary, unless you want an afro! Dry hair works fine, or you can slightly moisten it with a plant spray bottle - don't do it with wet hair, because it doesn't really dry. Good luck! This is my own secret recipe for great hair. I did it when my hair was down to my knees, and I still kept doing it when it just touched my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter